Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

2nd Letter from the Mission Field

Letters Received November 30, 2009: 

Hey mom,                                                        

How is it going there?   It sounds like you guys had a good Thanksgiving, wish that I could have been there.  I am  glad that Lexie and you guys had fun on her b- day, sounds like everyone has been super busy and loving it, ha ha.   I bet it was awesome not to have to shop on black Friday.  How has Grandpa Wayne been doing?   Everything seems to be going good here.  We are contacting a ton. We have 9 people that we are teaching the lessons to and 4 of them have baptism dates and seem to be taking the right steps to get there, so we will see in about a month if I have some baptisms.   Spanish is still coming; I am trying to work hard on that. 

I really miss American food for sure, that is one thing that I could ask for Christmas is treats and what not, like jerky and stuff.  Everything is really expensive here. I am glad that everything seems to be going well with you let me know if there is anything new with you.   It’s crazy almost two and a half months down already.  I still have been having back problems and I have been getting some pretty bad headaches I think it is the lack of food and walking a ton so I am trying to pace myself.  My comp is starting to get on my nerves because everything has to be done his way and sometimes it’s not the way that I want to do stuff cause the way that he wants to do it isn’t logical that is all part of the experience and so that is how it is with my comp.   It’s good to hear how everyone is doing.
                                                                                                              
Love and miss you,

Elder Nelson

Dear dad,


So yeah, everything is starting to set in with the schedule and everything.   We have 9 people that we are teaching the lessons and 4 with bap dates so we will see in the next month or so if I have baptisms and they seem to be progressing well and I have been working hard and my back is still killing me so I have to buy a bag here so I took some money from the account it sounds like everyone is doing well at home.   I miss you guys tons just think why you guys were eating dinner on Thanksgiving I was yelling doors. well that’s the mish, ha ha. we had a member that we asked to make us lunch on thanksgiving she made us turkey and the whole bit, so that was nice. it was good.  It sounds good about riding I definitely miss that. That is good to hear that Brach is doing better and isn’t delayed and it is good to hear that everyone had a good Thanksgiving.  I know how Brit feels cause that is how I felt right before I left to.  How are you liking the new TV? I bet it was good not to have to go shopping on black Friday.   I can’t believe it is already Christmas prep time, here it doesn’t feel like it cause its like 90 degrees here, I am sweating so bad. Well I got to go but I love you and miss you tons.

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails