Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Settling In To Mission Life



Eating a Chilean Favorite:  Complatos (not sure how to spell)



Letter Received December 14, 2009:

Dear Everyone:

Sorry again, I am still running late and I will be writing today as much as I can but it was good to hear from everyone and I will be writing just this one big letter this week because time is short and I will write everyone individually next week. Sound good to everyone? Well that’s how it has to be, ha-ha, cause I don’t have time this week because we went to the campo which means country and did a hike to a river for one of my zone leader's birthday today.  But yeah, that was fun, but my bad knee is swollen from the hike and my bad ankle is swollen also but they will be fine later tonight. Lexie, I am sending pics of the closest things to mountains that I have seen so far.

But yeah, everything has been going well but I haven’t had a lot of luck with our investigators because they are all like flaking out but some are doing really well but we are working hard and hopefully we should have some baps in January.  We were supposed to have eleven people in church this last week and we only had eleven but we won't give up. it was kind of a funky Sunday down here this week because they had elections on Sunday and they were all voting and church was only an hour long because of voting, so yeah, kinda weird.  We should have some more people show up this week because there are no excuses this week and everyone should show and we are trying really hard to get the members to get involved more and so we are working hard that way. We have been contacting like crazy and we haven’t been having much luck but it will get better in time.

In this last two weeks I have fully read My Heritage and A Search for Happiness. It's crazy because I hate to read but here I love it for some reason because I can't put the books down. But here we have had good investigators and they are really bomb and they love us.  Our main cool investigator is  leaving this week to go stay with her boyfriend that she has been with for fifteen years but just never got married and that isn’t a good relationship that we have to figure out.  But they are bomb and they love me because I am a gringo and they love the way that I talk Spanish.  I love that family!  They want to be baptized, but we can't with the relationship that she is in with this guy and Anna's boyfriend doesn’t know that she has been sharing with us and he doesn’t like people so yeah she still has to tell him about us.  So, she is going to stay with him for three months so I don’t know what is going to happen with her sharing wise but we will figure it out.  But that’s one of the people that I am teaching, so you know a little about somebody here.

The food isn’t getting much easier to eat but I am still trying hard to do it. I am losing weight, I am guessing about ten pounds. And I have still been having my headaches.  I am making sure that I eat as much as I can so that I don’t get a migraine.

But it's good to hear about Christmas.  I will let you know more next week.  I will try to figure that out but if we have to at worst case I can make like a five minute phone call next week to tell you what the deal is my comp said.  So yeah, we will figure that out and he told me it will definitely be before six o' clock our time and I am guessing that it is about 2 o' clock your time so before then. But I know that I only get a hour to talk to everyone on Christmas. So it would be best for everyone to be in the same place so that I can talk to everyone.

It sounds like everything is going good for you guys there.  Sounds cold and a lot of snow which I wish it was here because Christmas isn’t going to be the same without snow here.  It is so hot!  I am sweating constantly.  But yeah, that is Chile for ya, ha ha.  I haven’t received my package because they go to the mission home and I don’t get it till they bring it so I could get it by Christmas and I could not, but we will see. But I miss you guys so much. Tell Taylor and the hijos that I miss them very much and that I love them so much as I do the rest of all of you. That’s too bad to hear about Lyndsay and Justin's misfortunes, no bueno. But times get harder before they get easier, but yeah, no good.  Got to go, I love you all.  Hope that I answered some questions for you but didn’t have much time, I will try better next week . The next package for me would be awesome if you could send me my fox hat or big black hat for p-day.  Just saying for the next one, ha ha.  Love you all so much, will try to do better next week.

Love Elder Nelson



In the car with an investigator, Anna and her family.  This is Anna's daughter.






 Here are some pictures from the trip to the country:












 


 




 



 



  
 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails