Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Over 300 Contacts in a Week

Letter Received September 13, 2010:


The Labor of 300 Contacts in a Week for 35 Possibilities

Hey My Family:

How is everyone doing?  I am doing well.  We have really been trying hard this week to find people because it seems that we are out of people to teach.  We did over 300 contacts this week, it was insane!  We were talking to everyone.  No one could walk past us without getting contacted.  So, now we have bunch of addressses and names that we can look up to try and find some people to teach.  It seemed like this week went by pretty fast for me and that time is cruising right along.  I can't believe it!


Me, Fin, and Benja

I want to wish Miley a happy late birthday and to wish Taylor and Mom a happy birthday for next week.  I love you guys.  Well, this week went really fast and I am going to complete a year in the mission this week.   That is so nuts man! I can't believe it!  The time is going by so fast and i don't know what I am going to do because I have so much to do and so little time to do it.  I really feel like I am just starting my mission and now it is half over. 


Me and Denis

This week we didn't really have all that much happpen, it just seemed to me that we were doing an awful lot of contacts.  But, that is okay, they were fun.  I really like doing them actually because me and my comp were really pumped and we made them like a game, it was cool.  It didn't seem like we were teaching a whole lot of lessons, but it's okay.  It is what you need to do to find people.

Me and my comp are getting along really well and I got to play soccer for three hours today and it was so fun, I miss playing sports so bad.  It is getting so hot here again and it is starting to make me miss the rain. Its all good you got to go with what you got where you're at. 


Last Pic with Wilde

We have been making some progress with like two people. We got a new cool zone leader that I knew when I was down in Collao and it seems that he has really seemed to change some stuff around.  It seems that the whole zone is doing better since he got here.  It is crazy how much one missionary can change a whole zone.  It is all going good and it seems that we just need to work some stuff out in my sector and we will be back on track.  I am really enjoying my time here.  I still miss Collao a lot but everything is going on here and am really starting to figure out how this sector works. 

Those Things are Called A--, I Don't Know Why

I am really enjoying living in four.  It makes the house a lot more of a fun place to be.  I am really going to be bummed when my comp and one of the other elders leaves, because we have a cool group of elders that live with me.  Well, something that is going to be cool also is that the 18th of September is like the 4th of July here and we get to hang out with the memebers a lot that day and we get to do some bbq.  It is going to be so cool.  I am really excited.  Well, for this week not much else is new.  I love you and miss you all so much.  Glad to hear that everything is going well, hope you all have a good week.


Love,
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails