Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Golden Investigators!

Letter Received December 13, 2010:

Hey:


Yeah, so I got my package. Thank you so much for sending me all that stuff! I really don't know what you are going to send me in that package that was sent for Christmas. It seemed like everything that I asked for was in this package. I was really excited to see all that stuff. I am guessing that you guys bought a hot dog rolling machine. Ha, ha, ha! (His package was sent in a box for a hot dog rolling machine.) Everyone was like, "What the heck?" Ha, ha, ha. I was like, yeah, my parents sent me a hot dog machine ha, ha, ha.

I got it at Conference last week which went really well. It seemed that the President's talk was like directed right at me and I was like that is exactly what I need to hear. I was like wondering where all my time goes. It seems like the day goes by so fast. Then, I look back at the numbers that I have for the day of like lessons that I did and all and then I am like what did I do? But I feel that we do have a lot of people progressing and that they are all pretty well progressing, but I am going to have to have some miracles this week because every one of these people have kinda weird doubts and they are really hard to plan for but I know that if I pray and stay close to the Spirit that I will know what I need to say.

We found a guy that told me that he would read the Book of Mormon in a week and we had an amazing lesson with him. We talked to a girl that has been attending church for a while and from the begining she has been reading the Book of Mormon and now she is in Alma! She is amazing! I was able to verify everything with her in one appointment and she is going to be getting baptized on the 26th so be praying for a girl named, Darlin and that she can get permissison from her parents. She is 16 and she is awesome!

But as for Tiare, she seems that she is having some opposition so I wasn't able to go back to baptise her yet but we are going to have to see. It really bums me out that she is having such a hard time with everything. I know that she knows that it is true but Satan doesn't take vacations and he knows all of our weaknesses and plays on them and she is fighting hard but we will have to see with her.

I will take care of all of my phone call stuff this week so I will be able to let you know. I think that we are going to be able to talk for like two hours or more because we are as a mission changing our P-day to Christmas so yeah, make sure that you have a lot of time on the magic jack so that we don't lose contact.

Me and my comp are getting along really well. I really love Elder Haws. We are getting along really well. He said in the little time that we have been together that he has learned more from me than he did from his trainer. I like that. Me and companion are thinkin that we are going to need to get bikes because our sector is massive, so I don't know how that is going to work but we want to get bikes that don't have gears so that we don't have problems but the ones that don't have gears are the beach cruisers. That would be sick! I dont know if you were planning on money for Christmas but that would be what I would use it for but I don't know or think that you were planning on doing that again? Let me know. Thanks. I will send some pics next week of me and my companion so that you can see him. I've got to go. I will have all of the info for the phone call next week so that everything will be ready.

Love,
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails