Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Monday, March 7, 2011

A Lesson in Feeling True Love for Others

Letter Received March 7, 2011:
Jorge Pila Pic
Hey my family that I haven't been able write for a very long time!
Well, I guess that I will tell you about last week. Yes, my teeth are doing well now. I got to go back and see some of my people from Chillan so we were running very very late! So, I wasn't able to write. I had to write President then pretty much I had no time. Sorry about that. 
Us and Jorge's Family
Us and Jorge's Family
I learned an incredible lesson last week. I was pretty much all week with Elder Isom. He is a kid from Idaho and he is a twin and he lives with me. He is so tight! His twin is in the Santiago West Mission and a family from the ward that he is serving in came down to see Elder Isom. They were so happy to see him. They couldn't believe how much that they look alike and all that good jazz. They gave us lunch for the next three days after that and not only that but they drove us down to Chillan and took me to see all of my people there and not only that but they were on vacation all of this time. They really showed me how to show true love to the people here and I have never felt love from someone so much within so little time of knowing them. 
Me, Jorge, Palta, and Allred
They were so amazing and the next day I was able to baptize Jorge one of my investigators from Retiro! It was so awesome! He is so amazing. I have never seen anyone love the Book of Mormon like this man. He knows without a doubt that it is true. He is so solid. I think that he is one of the most converted people that I have baptized. It was such a small baptism but in one way it made it all that much more spirtitual. I am really making sure that he getst the priesthood as fast as possible so that it will make them all that much closer to opening Retiro. 
Me, Palta, and Jorge
This week went well but the only thing that is a bummer is that I haven't spent any of it with my companion. He has been doing mini cambios the whole week so I was with him for like a day and a half and it has been hard to get in a good teaching groove. I don't know all the kids really in my Zone, like I know them but I don't know how they teach, and since he is gone all the time he can´t really get to know our investigators either. Oh well, that is how it goes sometimes. 
Me and Jorge
 I am doing well. I am loving the work. Time seems to be winding down fast and I can't really believe it because we are already in March. It makes me sad because that means that my mission is coming to a close and I don't want it to end. I love being here and learning. Even though it is hard, I am learning and having experiences that I couldn't learn anywhere else. I definitely feel that I have grown a ton and still have a lot of things to better myself. Thanks dad for writing a little something, I know that you are very busy. Good to hear that everything is going well. Cool about the boat! I am so excited to use it. That will be sick! Are you guys going to make a garage like the neighbors? That is nuts about Daytona. I wish I could see the Supercross. It sounds so good! I love and miss you all. Keep on truckin'!
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails