Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

More on the Move to Bulnes ... A Great New Challenge

Letter Received April 11, 2011:

Sorry that I wasn't able to talk a ton last week. I was saying goodbye to people and we were running really late, so I wasn't able to tell you all about what is going on. I really liked Conference. It seemed that I felt like a lot of things were aimed towards me. I really liked Priesthood. The First Presidency was like just laying it down. It was awesome! Conference is like the vacation for missionaries here because you really can't work all that much. You can invite people to come to Conference and it is really easy to invite people because there are four different sessions that you can invite people to. Not only that but we baptized that day so it made it even better. 
I was really sad to come to find that it was my turn to leave Parral, but I was kinda expecting it. What can you do? The thing is that President invited me to the Zone Leader Conference because he had decided that he was going to make me the Second Counslor of the branch here in Bulnes. Bulnes is known in the mission for being a hard sector and not functioning very well. It is about forty minutes away from everything. I am excited but nervous all at the same time because there is a lot of work to do and not only that but I also have the Zone Leaders breathing down my neck. 
Me, Elder Wilhelm, Franchesca, and Pati
There is a lot of work to do. I am going to be here till the end of my mission because I have 4 transfers left including the one that I am in right now. and he said being a counslor makes sure that I am going to be here for at least three and he isn't going to send me somewhere for one cambio especially because afterward I would be leaving and that wouldn't let me get used to the sector and what not. So yeah, I am going to die in Bulnes. 
Once again I am finishing training, but this time I don't have to teach Spanish but English to my companion and he is teaching me Spanish. Ha, ha, ha, win-win situation. We get along really well. I'm not going to lie, I don't really get along with my Zone Leaders all that much because they are 100% focused on numbers and not the people. That isn't the way that it should be. 
I am going to do my best and my goal is to baptize ten people here in my new sector. I already have baptized two and I know that this sector has some potential. It just needs a lot of work and that I know I can do. Me and Elder Flores get along really well. He is from Santiago. I am the counslor of the branch and I have a lot of things to teach him so that this branch can progress. It is weird because we had forty-seven people in church and that is really high for this ward. My goal coming into the branch was to have more than fifty so that means that we are close to getting that. The baptism goal for the branch for the year is to baptize six and now the branch has baptized five, so we're going really really good there. I really think that if you took the missionaries out of the branch that they would have to close it. So, there is Bulnes. I am excited. It means that we are going to be very busy and that I like. 
Me, Elder Flores, Digna, Barbara at the Baptism
I do know that my package is here and I am going to be getting it on Wednesday, so yeah. Did you end up sending one box or two? Well, I guess I will kinda find out on Wednesday, huh? Oh well, ha, ha. Glad to hear that everything is good at home. Kinda sad that it is still snowing at all. It is still really nice here. Some days are warmer than others but it is starting to get cold. 
Well, I love you all. I especially wanted to wish Dad a very Happy Birthday! I love you so much Dad! I pray and think about you everyday. Now you're over the hill but still young at heart and that is what's important! I love you so much Papi. Hope that you have a very good b-day. I am doing good. I miss you all a lot. 
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails