Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Great News!!!

First Baptism

All Clean

Letter Received Monday March 21, 2010:

Hey, Hey!

So yeah, look at the pictures first, even though I know that you all are going to read this first, but it will be more cool if you look at the pictures first. I have some really good news. I finally got that first baptism, and it was sweet, because that it was so hard to get it to happen, and that made it all that much better. We finally got Emanuel baptized and he is so happy, and so are his two member daughters. You wouldn’t believe that the girl in the blue pants is only 13 would you? It was awesome except, I forgot to bring other underclothes to the baptism so all day after the baptism I was wearing wet underclothes but what a small price for such and awesome baptism. I and four other missionaries did a cool musical number “Come Follow Me” and
I had a solo, cool huh? It was awesome.



The Family


Pure Power

Por Fin


Us and Big Baldwin

As for changes, it is crazy because me and my comp, my trainer, are in the same area again. They are taking the other two elders out of our massive sector and we are moving into their house, and now it is just me and Elder Murillo, still in our sector for six months, crazy!  I don’t want to live just us two, because that doesn’t sound as fun as with four, but at least our house will be clean. That means that we are going to be even busier. We will have been to every part of our sector, but ya, that’s it for our changes. Not much new that way for me, another six weeks with the same comp and area but I am happy because I know the area and the people. We have been staying really busy and visiting a lot of people and been really trying to do a lot
of contacts to find a lot more people. We have really found some really cool people this week.


Jorgi

Number One

Us and the Family

It is still hot here, but the nights are getting colder, also I have been getting more accustomed to the food here- people here are being a lot more receptive and we have been having a lot more success since the earth quake, I think. Everything is going really well.

Sounds like everything is going well with you guys, everything seems to be changing a ton, since I have been gone and the time is going so fast it’s crazy, but that is the mission for you, but I like it. I have been getting emails from Tyson and he sounds and looks like he is having so much fun, and his sector looks legit. I am glad that Dad is happy about going back to GD and that its all working out there and that everything it is all coming together and I think that Lexie, you changing jobs wouldn’t be such a horrible thing, because why live life to work, you should be able to enjoy your life and not always worry about work. Sounds like you guys are all doing well and loving life along with myself.

That is so tight about Brach going to Fiji that is one of the places that I would have loved to go, but the call matches Brach so well, that is so tight! Tell him congrats and that I love him. Well I got to go.

Love you all,

Elder Nelson

Later that Day:

Hey Hey Again:

Well, I sent some more photos of me doing some service. I have a ton of pictures that I think that I might send in the card in the mail to you guys because it is almost full and here I have to resize all the pictures to be able to send them to you and it takes a really long time. So yeah, I might do that but also I don't know if you guys put a jump drive in that package or not so if you did please tell me so I don't buy one.





But, I have some bad news that I need your help. Today after email I went back to the house and the speaker that you guys sent me was charging cause it died. I was using a power converter and everything and some how it got fried so I don't know what I am going to do for music because my speaker is messed so I need you guys to send me another speaker or something if you can. I am going to try and find something here for the meanwhile but let me know if you want me to just try and find one here or if you can send me another one of those because it worked awesome. I could take it to the investigator's houses and use it to watch some movies that the Church has on the internet for investigators and it worked really well. Let me know what you can do.




But I forgot to ask, is Brach going to learn another language or is it English? and that is tight that you have been able to start to put your bike back together Dad. What are you thinking that you want to get next? A 450 I hope. But yeah, I got to go but I love you all and miss you a ton. Thanks for the emails and everything let me know about the stuff please and I know that the Lord has me here for a longer reason and that is why I am staying here. I love you all. Miss you tons.

Love,
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails