Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

General Conference and Grandpa's Funeral

Letter Received April 5, 2010:

Hey, Hey,

Well my first Conference here was really good and I learned a lot. They had a TV set up for us upstairs in the church so I got to watch it in English, it seemed that they really focused a lot on families and especially young men in Priesthood. This week has been really busy because we are still trying to get to know all of the investigators, but it is all good because that means that we should have a lot of baptisms within this next two months. We didn’t have a whole lot of luck getting people to go to conference. We are going to try really hard to get people to church this week, it is something that we have decided that we would really like to focus on. This week we had mission conference also, just before General Conference and I learned a lot. I also had a change of comps for a day it is called a mini cambio, it is when you change comps for a day, and it was good because I went with one of the missionaries that was in my MTC District and he is really spiritual and really in tune and we found three new awesome people. We have had a busy week, pretty much appointment to appointment.

I had to get a bunch of new stuff for my bike because it was not working right. I am realizing that I like living just me and my comp because we are getting closer as a companionship. We are teaching a lot better and I am learning a lot more Spanish because it is something that I really have been trying to focus on and I pretty much understand almost everything that people say. I am doing really well and starting to like learning a lot more words in Spanish, and I am losing weight, I have to wear a belt for sure now to hold up my pants ha ha, I love it. I am glad to hear that everything went well with Grandpas funeral and that everyone was able to be there. I wish that I could have been but I know that Grandpa wouldn’t have me be anywhere else but here right now. I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well and enjoyed Conference. I am glad to hear that dad is enjoying his new job it. It was cool to see some of Utah on TV, but I am sad to hear that Lexie has been sick, welcome to pregnancy! Ha Ha jk, glad to hear that mom is doing well after everything, and sounds like that everything is going smoothly, and that you all had a really good Easter. Well I got to go because the President is really cracking down on internet time but I love you all and glad to hear that you are all doing well. I got an email from Brit it sounds like he is doing really well. I love all and miss you tons

Love your Son and Brother,

Austin Nelson

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails