Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Conference Was Inspiring

Letter Received October 4, 2010:

Hey My Family That I Love So Very Much and Missed a Lot This Weekend:
 
Well, this week went a lot better than last week. We still didn't have an amazing week but definitely better. This week we were able to find some really new awesome people that are really curious about the church and it also seems that we are going to recieve some references this week and that we are going to end up doing some really awesome family home evenings and that we should find some new investigators. I am actually really excited about this week. I don't know why but I am really excited to work this week. I feel like it is going to be so cool. 
 
I do have some really really amazing news, Enrique, a guy that we have been sharing with since I got here is going to be baptized on Sunday! Finally! He is the dad of a family of straight up new converts. He has been able to get baptized for the last three months and now he is finally going to take the step and do it, he said. I think that what really put him over the edge was that we did something in our zone, we are fasting for one another's investigators and the Sister missionaries were fasting for him one day and we told him that and he was like, "Wow!" Then it was time for Priesthood and I took one of the Zone Leaders with me and the Sister Missionaries with me and I went to look for him and I took him to the church and he got to meet the Sisters and he felt that he really was able to recieve his answer in Conference and he loved it. So, thank you Thomas S. Monson! Another life saved by a prophet of God! 
 
It was so awesome last weekend, the whole time it was like everything that Conference said seemed like it applied to me and it was all stuff that I really needed to hear, especially the Priesthood Session. I loved it! The prophet seemed like he took a caffeine pill right before he was supposed to talk or some thing. He had so much energy. Also, it was awesome to be able to watch something in English. Sometimes, to watch everything in Spanish gets old. It seemed like something that was completely set apart for missionaries. I really could pay attention and it helped me get refoucused on the stuff that I need to do. 
 
It seems like I have a lot on my mind. I think that in the last little while I have kinda felt a little disanimated because we really didn't have any people that were progressing and it has been kind of hard to find people to teach. Sometimes it is hard to want to go out to work when you know that all that you are going to do is knock doors. But, also that the people that you do have really aren't progressing. You are really worried about them and their problems, so that is weighing on your mind. It seems that this week that a lot of stuff seemed to work out and people are doing good now and that I feel like I have more ganas to do the work. Then, today we had a really cool zone activity where we had a bbq and got to play some Chilean games. They have one that is kinda like horseshoes and it was really fun and I started to get pretty good it really seemed to relax me and I was able to get my mind off some stuff. 
 
This week went well. I really loved Conference! I am really sad that it is over, I just felt that I really got so much out of it and I feel renewed. I am starting to get bummed that my comp is leaving. It seems like the time is going by so fast and when your comp is going home it seems that the time goes even faster. I am really just looking at it and I am like, where is the time going? I am working hard, so I think that makes the time go by a lot faster. Everyone keeps telling me that I am going to be training but I am really hoping that I don't, because I really don't think that I am ready for that. There is something that is going to go on this week, actually tomorrow. We are going to have interviews with the President tomorrow so we are going to have to see how it goes tomorrow and see what the President acts like. 
 
That is tight that you are probably going to be going Disneyland. Yeah, no problem Lexie, about the room thing. Its not like I am going to be sleeping there for a while, ha ha ha ha. Sounds like everyone is sure staying busy. I am thinking that the time is going as fast for you guys as it is for me. I really got homesick at Conference thinking about you guys watching Conference the same time as me. Not only that, but I really missed going with everyone to priesthood and going to dinner with everyone afterward, but its all good. You got to go with what you got where you are at. I love and miss you all so much! I forgot, did Lyndsay and Justin ever find a car to replace the Explorer? But anywho, well that is about it me this week. I love you all and I will talk to you all next week.
 
Love, 
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails