Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Monday, October 4, 2010

A Slow Week

Letter Received September 27, 2010:

Hey My Family:

Well, I already talked to some of you guys earlier today, but I thought that I would write a family letter anyway.  So, this week was kind of a rough one because it just seemed like we were working hard but nothing was workin' out and when we got to the end of the week and looked at our numbers we were like, "What did we do this week?"  But, I know that this weeek is going to be a lot better because we are a little bit more motivated and not only that but we are really going to be working to have like 4 baptisms on the 10 because this weekend is General Conference and it seems like we could really have a good chance to have three but we will have to see.

It seems like Javier isn't really interested because we set appointments with him and then he isn't there for them, so I don't know if he is going to work out.  I am going to keep trying with him because I know that he can really progress if we have a really awesome lesson with him because he is a good kid and he seems interested when we do get to talk to him.

This last week I think that everything seemed like it all got kinda thrown off because we had our Zone Conference in Talca where I started my mission.  I think that the Zone Conference just really kinda messed everything up.  I think that it kinda screws up your focus because the President keeps changing all the time the way that he wants to do things, so as soon as you get the hang of what he wants you do, he changes it again and it seems that you can never really fulfill what President wants you to do because everything is always changing.  Also, his Assistants seem to be saying something different than President so you really don't know who you are supposed to follow.  So, this time it was a little stressful but that is okay.  I am going to keep working how I know how to and I know that the Lord will bless me in the work that I am doing because I can really only teach in the way that I know because that is me.  I think that if I keep changing my teaching I am going to become a robot and not be able put my personality into it.

Me and my comp got a little disanimated but we are all good now and just looking forward to this next week.  It is starting to warm up here except for yesterday and today.  We found a new lady that is really good and I am excited to teach her tonight.  It seems like the harder that I work the faster the time goes and  I don't want it to go so fast.  It seems like I just got put with Elder Findlay and before I know it he is going to be going home.  This week was just a lot of Conference stuff and trying to find people.  Really not much new to tell.  It seems I have been saying that lately, but it just seems to be the same old stuff for the last like three weeeks.  Well, I don't really have much to say but I love all a lot and miss you tons.  Well, talk to you next week.


Love,  
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails