Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Now I'm Senior Companion

Letter Received October 18, 2010:
Enrique Bautismo
 
Elder Nelson y Elder Findlay Mas Cerca
Hey Hey Everyone:
So yeah, here is the deal with this week and all the new stuff. My comp has left now so now I am on a mini transfer with Elder Aldana. I live with him and he is from Peru. But yeah, Elder Findlay has left and I sent you his homecoming stuff so I hope that you all got that worked out. I found out when my Trainer's homecoming is and it is on the 31st and it is in Logan, his name is Elder Murillo. I will give you some more info on that later in the email.
Elder Nelson y Elder Findlay
As for this week, it seems that we did a lot of saying goodbyes and baptisms with other missionaries and interveiws for baptisms and so we didn't really get to teach all that much, but we did do some really good lessons with people. Everyone is really sad because Elder Findlay is going home and so it seems that the work wasn't able to move forward all that quickly this week. Something that is awesome that you are all going to love is that last week we baptized Enrique and so that makes his family a complete family of new converts and he got confirmed yesterday and so a year from yesterday they are going to be able to go to the temple and seal themselves together forever and I have never seen any family so happy together and such a big of a change in someone. He is so happy and next week he is going to be ordained to the priesthood. 
Elders and Enrique, Blanca, and Estefinia
 This week we also ordained a new convert to the office of Teacher. Also, I was able to participate in Jesus, one of my converts, to receive the Aaronic Priesthood and now he is a Deacon! I am so pumped for those guys. I just know that they are going to be future missionaries.
Enrique Bautismo
But as for me, I have been doing really good and I am kinda excited for this new change that I have. I am now Senior Companion and I am going to be with another Chileano, so now I am going to be living with two Latinos. It should be all good, I have met my comp a couple times and he seems really cool and I think that we are going to get along well. I feel kinda sad though to see Elder Findlay go. I am, in a way, relieved, because we can really start to get some more work done. It has been really hard to focus for my comp, with him all goin' home and all. I think that I am really going to be able to progress some more with my Spanish. Something that I realized with Elder Rubilar, my first latino comp, is that my Spanish proggressed a lot. 
Enrique y su Familia y Chicas en sus Bautismos
I have been really trying to get my self refocused on what I am doing and really try and find some people. It is going to be weird that I am not going to be a companion of a District Leader or not be a District Leader because that is how it has always been, always a different schedule. I guess that is cool with me. I am really happy with the change because a lot of my friends in the mish are coming to my zone. It should be just dandy! For ideas in a package, I really need another jump drive because mine has become all infected with viruses and stuff so I need to fix that. Also, some Flaming Hot Cheetos, a book called A Marvelous Work and a Wonder, that is from the church library. Some t-shirts, somehow I have just been left with jerseys so just some of my t shirts. Some more garments, all Corbans. Other than that, not really much that I can think of except a belt like the one with the buckle. Thanks. I love you so much, all of you, and I miss you everyday.

Elder Nelson
Enrique Bautismo

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails