Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Flight Plans and Being the Oldest District

Letter Received November 9, 2009:

Dear family

Hey, how is everything going?  I just thought that I would write you and send you a copy of my flight plan info so that you could see the times and what I need to do.  Plus, I get a five hour lay over where I get to call you guys.  If you could work out that Lyndsay and Justin and everyone be at the the house so I can talk to everyone at like 8:30 that would be awesome.  So, if you could send me a card with at least that much time plus I will be calling from LAX, cool huh?  Well, any who, yeah, I am definitely worried about packing and being within weight.  But, I can't wait to be able to call everyone.  I know some Spanish but I am not knowing how I am going to understand the Chileans, but we'll see, ha, ha. 

Both Tyson's cousins are here now and Clarke is feeling homesick way bad, but we have the same meal times so I am helping him with that.  I love talking to Clarke cause he has so much MTC to go and he is like I don't know how I am going to do it.  He is like I have been here for three days and it feels like forever.  I told him after the first week they start to fly, which is true.  Think, almost two months of my mission is over.  But it does feel like forever away from you guys.  But I know that I am blessed because I am here and I know that you will be blessed for your sacrifices.

Well, I have like become a celebrity among the newbies.  They keep coming up to me and talking to me about when we taught in front of them.  I have to admit, it is kinda cool to have a lot of people recognize you.

There is not much to report since I wrote to you like two days ago.  I have to teach class today (well, tomorrow, but it will be today, Saturday, when I send this).  I have to teach present subjunctive Spanish to my district.  Crazy, huh!  I can't wait to be able to come home and spit some Spanish with you guys.  Plus, me and Tyson will both be able to speak it.  That will be sweet!

But, any who, it is definitely cool to be the oldest district here because like everyone doesn't boss us but they ask for advice, which is cool.  But, I am definitely excited to go to Chile.  I have made a lot of friends that I want to see after the mission, like Tyson's comps, they are bomb, and some of my district and some of the kids that are from Utah Valley that are from my zone.  Well, I need to get to bed, I wanted to send you my flight plans so you could plan.

Love,
Austin

(Note:  Elder Nelson leaves for Chile on November 16 and arrives November 17)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails