Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Love the Mission and Diego's Baptism

Letter Received June 7, 2010:


Me with Elder Rubilar and Diego

Thanks a lot for all the birthday wishes! I really only remember my birthday on P-days, ha, ha. I forget it somehow. I think that it is just because I have been so busy. Thanks for the money and the package.  This week has been really busy, and yes, I do have good news about the baptism. It happened finally, after forever! He is really happy. All the family are members now except his dad, so we are going to start to work on him. It was really good to see how happy he is now.


Diego with his family

This week we have been really focusing on finding people and we haven’t had much luck. We just need to be patient and the Lord will put the people in our path. As for this week we are going to play soccer again today, so I am excited about that again. Everything is crazy here because all the people are talking about the South Africa tournament. 


Me and Elder Rubilar with Diego and his family

Everything has been good here. The weather hasn’t really changed much, but one day this week it poured rain and it was so cold! But it was all good. Other than that one day, not much changed as in weather. We have been working with the same people that we have been. We have had to drop some people because they just weren't progressing at all. We love them but we can’t use our time with them if they won’t do anything. We can only do so much,but ultimately they have to make the choice to change for themselves. That is life!Hopefully, they will accept the gospel later.

This week I really want to focus on doing contacts and being bold. So, I am really going to focus on talking to all the people that I can. I have really realized how much I really do love the mission and I have a testimony of serving a mission and I can’t believe that I even was thinking at any point that I wasn’t going to be here. I will be forever grateful that I served a mission because this is the best thing that I have done in my life.


Shoes Worn Out in the Service of the Lord

Well, this week other than the baptism this week it was pretty much just basic work. Savin' souls, you know that is how I do! Ha! Ha! That is tight that Corbit is almost done with his papers. Tell him hi for me and that I am so proud of him for serving because it will be the best two years of his life. Terica is going to be getting a little girl! I bet she is really excited. I am really excited for Brach to get going. I wish him the best and I want you all to tell him that I love him and to work hard because the time is short. I am glad that it is warming up there. I really miss you all and thank you for everything. I got to go, but I am going to send some pics in another email. I am also going to send some pictures of my shoes so that you guys can get them warranted at the Missionary Mall. So yeah, I love you all! That is so good that mom you got everything all worked out with your sisters with Grandpa’s stuff. What’s going to happen with his house? Well, got to go but talk to you next week.

Love,
Your Elder

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails