Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

So Close to a Baptism!

Letter Received February 1, 2010:

Dear Family:

It was so good to hear from you all and it sounds like life has been really busy for you guys and it has been for me, too.  But this week we have been having some upsets but I am still optimistic. But yeah, it has been really really hot here and it is really weird to even think that you guys are in cold weather right now.

But this week we found some really good people and we were supposed to have a baptism this week but he fell because he decided that he was going to go on vacation and apparently he has been planning on going on this trip for like two months and he decided to tell us the day before his baptism that he was leaving the next day. And he has some doubts about Joseph Smith but he is reading the Book of Mormon and so he is asking questions but I think that he is expecting like some big vision for himself and yeah. But he has another date for after his trip.  Maybe him going on this vacation will give him a clear mind so that he can decide what he wants to do.

But other than him we have found about five new people that are really good and could become some likely candidates for baptism really quickly. But other than that just been contacting.  Still not loving the food though still struggling with that every lunch.  This week was especially bad because we had the same soup for 4 days in a row and on top of that hot soup in like 110 degree weather.  Awesome idea, huh? It was like this bean soup and I was like not again but we just have to be thankful because they are giving us food and so I just eat it.

But today we went and were able to play tennis with a member today that was a blast because I have not played tennis or any sport in forever so that was really really fun.  But I have been working really hard and reading a ton to better myself for my investigators.  I have been praying a ton and praying for the Lord to bless me with a lot of people to share with and for you guys. 

It sounds like you all have been really busy.  Dad, sounds like that you have been working and staying busy with projects; and your bike, that sucks about the cracks though. And sounds like that you and Lexie have been going out of town a lot which doesn't sound too fun. But none the less you guys just have to look at it like job security. But also it's like no good for family time. Lexie, it sounds like you are feeling a lot of stress. The way that I have been handling that is just take it one step at a time make big things small. Then it will be a lot less stressful. Do what you can and the Lord will provide. Mom, sounds like you have been staying busy, too, with projects and what not which sounds really good.  I am scared that I am not going to know home when I get there, ha ha ha.  But that is good that you are keeping things fresh with the house with new projects.

But it sounds like the house has been kinda quiet since me and Tyson left.  Which I haven't heard from him in a while but it sounds like he is doing really well but still struggling with the food.  I am missing him a ton though. I really miss all of you guys. But I am doing what I know right now I should be and am really thankful to be here. If I had the choice to come home or stay right now I would definitely stay. Sounds like you all are staying really busy.  Tell Britt and everyone hi for me and tell him that I wish that I could be there for his farewell but yeah. Ha ha, just tell him I want him to work hard and to email me when he can and times get hard.  He will get homesick but it leaves in time and if he will pray for help with it the Lord will help him in his deepest moment of need. Sounds like everyone is doing well, just know that I am doing well and working hard.  I love you all and can't wait to hear back again from you next week.

Love,

Elder Nelson

P.S. -  What's going on with Reed?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails