Write to Elder Nelson

Email: anelson136@myldsmail.net

Pouch Service:

Elder Austin Nelson
Chile Concepción Mission
P.O. Box 30150
SLC, UT 84130-0150
USA

*Only postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped at the top only (no envelopes), may be sent through the pouch or use dearelder.com.

Monday, January 31, 2011

So Close to Another Baptism

New Sick Handmade Jacket That I Bought
Letter Received January 31, 2011:

Hey Everyone:

Well, this week went not so well. Even though we did see some blessings, we didn't have that good of a week. But, the only thing that you can do is do better this week. We didn't have the baptism that we were expecting, but I know that Camila will be baptized. It is just a matter of time. I think that she feels that everything went really fast and that she wasn't quite ready to be baptized even though she passed her interview. I think that she just didn't have that assurance that this is the true church. But, we are going to keep working with her because she is really good and she does know that this is the true church she just needs a little bit of time. I think that she will be baptized this Sunday. 
Me and my companion have been good, we both know that we can do a lot better. We do have some more people that we are teaching but we have a lot of work to do. This week we did see a miracle with Arny, one of the investigators that just didn't want to progress. She finally accepted a date so that she will be baptised but we just have to make sure that we keep good contact with her and she will start to progress well. 
This week there was like a big fesival here in Parral and I bought a really sweet jacket. It's handmade and it is going to be so sweet for snowboarding. This week I am really going to focus myself on trying to manage my time better and make it more effective. 
This week we had a conference with our President. I am not going to lie, it was really long. I did learn some things but I got really bored after sitting there for 8 hours! Here we are starting to make some progress in Retiro but still we lack a little bit. It does seem that President is thinking about it a lot. He has been talking to the leaders here in the area about it a lot. It seems like one of the big problems is that we don't have anywhere to meet so we are really keeping our eyes open. The President also told us that he wants us to have more investigators in Parral so that puts more and more work on us but we will do it because that is what President has asked of us.  
Don't have too much to tell, just doing the basic stuff. Something that is kinda new is that I did my first confirmation on Sunday. I was really nervous but everything turned out well. But that is about it. That would be sick if you guys did build a big garage. That would be so cool. I think that we should put in a pool instead though, ha, ha, ha. Its good to hear that everything is going well. I hope that everything goes well with the baby blessing. Wish I could be there but yeah. I miss and love you so much.
Love,
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails